Friday, April 6, 2012

You Are The Apple of My Eye (那些年,我们一起追的女孩)

I normally don't watch Mandarin movies or TV series cause ;

1. I don't really understand Mandarin.
It's not that I don't understand it entirely. I can speak, write and read Mandarin but I think only 30% of it? Haha :D Just so you know, I only learned Mandarin in kindergarten and that was like 12 years ago? Plus, I've only joined the class for a year. So, it's considered not bad right?

2. My friends do not keep up with Mandarin entertainment.
Not that I don't have friends who watch Mandarin shows, it's just that most of my friends don't understand Mandarin like me. So, this makes me lose interest also? Haha

BUT, that changed when the movie You Are The Apple of My Eye (那些年,我们一起追的女孩) came out. That title might not catch your heart at first sight but trust me, spare some time to watch it and you'll want more of it. That's exactly what happened to me.

My friend, Khaleeja went and watch it with a friend the week it came out in the theaters. She is a Malay and this means she doesn't understand Mandarin, at all. When the movie finished, she texted me asking me to go watch the movie. She was just so in to it haha.

Then, my brother went and watch it. He came home and told me that it was awesome. My brother is a guy who doesn't really get impressed with things. When he say that a certain thing is awesome that means it must be very very very very out of this world.

With both of their 'recommendation', I decided to download the movie after so long haha. I watched it and it was really AMAZING! Such a sweet movie ♥ I kinda cried a little too haha. Here's a picture of the movie poster for you all to see.


And this are the main characters. Main guy : Chen-Tung Ko & main girl : Michelle Chen . This is the front cover of the novel too.


Here's the theme song for the movie. 那些年 by 胡夏


So yeah, go watch the movie! It's very nice and sweet and romantic! Don't worry if you don't understand Mandarin. You can always read the subtitles :) You won't regret watching it, I promise. Peace & love. Bye x

No comments:

Post a Comment