Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Spotlight

Hey, I'm back haha. Sorry for not updating for so long. Been kinda busy lately. So I shall summarize everything that happened this few days or shall I say, weeks haha.

17th March 2012
Methodist Girls School, Ipoh's Gathering 2012 - Impede Racism, Flourish Love. We aimed for the Overall Champion award. So, we worked our butts off trying to fulfill it. Stayed back after school almost everyday and wake up early in the morning to get to school during the holidays just to practice and get ourselves ready for the big day. We joined 11 competitions in total and brought back 4 trophies. Sadly, we didn't win Overall Champion but we did emerge as the best marching unit, best banner, runner-up for modern cooking competition and riddle hunt champion. All in all, I can say we did the best we could. Even if we didn't win, it's still okay cause we did our best.

My awesome friend, Constance Chi Jian Yi's 17th birthday. Since most of us had to attend the MGS Gathering, we had dinner with her at My Point after the gathering ended. Even though it was a small little dinner 'party', I can say that it was meaningful? :) Sometimes you don't need something huge to make you happy. We shared laughter and joy together that night. Don't forget my 'sexy voice' haha (I lost my voice  a few days before the Gathering)

With the birthday girl :)

Group photo


31st March 2012
International Understanding Day 2012. This year's theme is Passage To India. Got myself involved in the opening dance and I shall say that, that is exactly the best way to end my last IU Day :) Even though we had to stay back after school everyday to practice, the memories we had were unforgettable. For those who attended the event that day, thank you cause the event was a huge success. Now, we can finally pat ourselves on our backs and say 'Well done, you did a great job!'


Us in Punjabi suits


1st April 2012
Day trip to Penang Performing Arts Center. Last year, we visited the Kuala Lumpur Performing Arts Center. The one in Penang opened on the 11th of November 2011 so we decided to have a field trip, again :) We gathered in school at 7am to board the bus. After an hour, we stopped for a break and some breakfast. Since we had some extra time, we took this.


Then we continued our journey to Penang. Our first stop was Queensbay Mall. We did some shopping and had lunch there. What caught our attention was the shop, Forever 21. I think we spent almost all of our time there. First, we took a picture imitating the mannequins.


After that, we went shopping! Bought myself a beige knee-length lace dress and a pair of turquoise socks :) Spent about RM150 there but it was all worth it. The dress is so perfect and the socks are just so cute! Then, we went for lunch at a shop called Siam Express. Thai food :) The food there was awesome.

My apple juice

My grilled fish fillet with yellow curry rice :)

Us in Siam Express

After that, we went to Straits Quay. That place, is amazing! And a very expensive place as well haha. Here are the pictures taken :)

By the sea

Group photo!

With Lily & Shuen

At Delicious :)

Tucker, a boy we met there :)

The Penang Performing Arts Center is at the 4th floor of Straits Quay. So, we went there around 3pm. The play we watched is called The Compleat Wrks of Wllm Shkspr (Abridged). It was awesome :D Got myself front row seats as well! After the play, we took pictures, again haha.






With Beatrix You :D

All of us, from the top

Finale

And then, we went home. Overall, it was indeed a very good experience. Having this as my last school field trip is awesome :D Being involved with this in the first place is already something to be grateful of. What more can I ask for?

Having all of these events being cut off one by one from my notebook keeps reminding me of the days I still have left in high school. The days left are not much. No matter how many days there are, I'll make the best out of it ♥ Peace and love. Bye! x

No comments:

Post a Comment